Would you like to help us build the tools that will shape the products of tomorrow? Would you like to collaborate with likeminded, talented engineers?
The choice of materials we use has never been more important. Engineers always strive to design better solutions, and in today’s world that means considering sustainability and environmental impacts as well as product performance.
Our software allows engineers and designers to make smarter decisions about the materials they use; enabling them to create products that are safer, use fewer scarce resources, emit less pollution, and can be more effectively recycled. This work supports our customers’ carbon neutral initiatives and environmental obligations.
As a C# Software Engineer within the Materials Business Unit (formerly Granta Design Ltd), you will be developing the server-side components of our flagship product, Granta MI, the leading system for materials information management.
Developing mostly in C# /.NET, you will be part of a team of 5-8 developers and QA engineers working in collaboration with a wider team of developers, technical documentation specialists and product managers.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform complex development activities that may require extensive analysis to extend the capabilities of Granta MI
- Employ best practices and help to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Lead the design and writing of clean, maintainable, and well tested code (primarily in C#)
- Perform complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions
- Design new features and products working from customer requirements.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Have a first-class or upper second-class honours degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics (or related field)
- Have significant professional software development experience and experience of modern software development methodologies
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A high level of technical competency in C# and understanding of the .NET framework
- Understanding and experience of applying modern software best practices
- An ability to design and write clean, maintainable code.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
- Experience in the following would be advantageous (but are not requirements)
- Profiling and optimization
- ASP.Net MVC
- HTML / CSS
- SQL Server
- Experience of large-scale commercial software development