Website Siemens EDA
Senior Project Test Engineer
This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
The Senior Project Test Engineer is a member of the Test Automation Development Team within the R&D organization of the Manufacturing Operations Management business segment. This position is responsible for providing input into strategy, methodology, and technology for automating product and solution testing.
The Senior Project Test Engineer position works with subject matter experts across Agile, DevOps, and Product teams to promote principles, practices, and methodologies, to select technologies, frameworks, and tools, and to design, implement, deploy, and operate a common testing solution.
- Guide distributed teams of full-stack and quality engineers and act as Product Owner.
- Promote principles, practices, and methodologies for testing cloud and on-premises enterprise software.
- Select technologies, frameworks, and tools for testing products and solution.
- Design, implement, deploy, document, and operate testing frameworks.
- Support implementation of product testing scripts.
- Integrate testing frameworks into cloud and on-premises DevOps pipelines.
- Report project status on framework development efforts.
- Report product and solution quality status based on testing results.
- Minimum of 7+ years testing commercial software.
- Minimum of 5+ years test automation experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years development in web-based applications and architectures.
- Minimum of 3+ year developing tools, components, and platforms.
- Minimum of 3+ years working in a Scrum Agile environment as a functional team member.
- Excellent design, programming and debugging skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good knowledge of SQL and database technology and concepts (Oracle/SQL Server).
- Experience with Web Services and WCF technologies.
- Comfortable with HTML, DHTML, and XHTML.
- Comfortable with XML and XSLT.
- Working knowledge of NUnit or other unit testing framework.
- Experience with Source Control such as TFS and GIT.
- Familiarity with a variety of software testing tools such as Quality Center, LoadRunner, Quick-Test-Pro, Microsoft Test Manager, Load Test, Coded UI, Cucumber, TFS (Team Foundation Server) etc.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Delivery, and Deployment practices.
- Strong analytical skills, passion for technical work, and a desire to work with others to grow skills.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related field is required.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Knowledge of next generation virtualization, containerization and orchestration solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud solutions including Amazon Web Services and related technologies.
- Domain knowledge in manufacturing operations, preferably in regulated industries.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.