Job ID #: 18500
Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
Division: Central Engineering – Systems
Department: Central Engineering – Systems Engineering
Primary Country: UK
Primary Location: Sheffield
Additional Country: UK
Additional Location: Cambridge
Arm’s Sheffield office is currently growing its SOC implementation capabilities to build a team capable of executing on a forthcoming 100milion transistor SOC on a leading edge FinFet process. The increasing complexity of modern SOC’s has driven the requirement for an additional DFT Engineer.
You will support ARM SOC’s through silicon realisation, initial test and board ring up. A secondary role will be to work with the RTL design teams to ensure that the RTL components are supportive of modern DFT practices.
Essential Skills and Experience
This role is for a Senior DFT engineer, you will likely have 3 years plus experience. This is a phenomenal opportunity your knowledge of cutting-edge DFT techniques to forthcoming ARM products, some years before they appear in mainstream products.
Some core DFT skills are considered essential for this including some of the following:
- At speed testing of 3GHz+ CPU clusters,
- Creation and verification of test mode controllers,
- Memory / Logic BIST,
- BSCAN, Iee1500 Wrapper insertion.
- Fault simulation, coverage analysis, Silicon debug etc.
Ideally you should have a track record of constructing and supporting silicon into volume production and be comfortable working to demanding schedules.
Desirable Career History
In addition, you will have gained good exposure to:
- Digital ASIC front end Design and verification.
- Static Timing Analysis (STA).
- STA timing constraint.
- Familiarity with modern mobile SOC architectures.
- Low power design practices would be an advantage.
- Volume silicon production.
Education and Qualifications
Ideally you will possess a university degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Excellent multi-site communication skills, who is comfortable communicating through multiple media channels.
- Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team.
- Excellent analytical skills along with a “can do mentality.”
- Positive, dedicated, high-energy approach to work.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.peopleclick.com.