Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, NVIDIA.
As a Senior PHP Consultant/PHP Architect for our Professional Services team, you will be responsible for delivering professional services engagements to Perforce customers. You will deliver high quality technical solutions that align with both PHP best practices and customer-specific business requirements. You will work independently while collaborating with teams of highly skilled consultants, engineers, and other stakeholders, and you will be expected to take on an active role in the team and technical project management of your engagements. This role focuses primarily on projects in the PHP space, but additional experience with other front-end languages, back-end languages, and database technologies is an advantage. An exceptional candidate will have professional experience in the CI/CD and/or DevOps space. Experience working with the IBM i platform is also a plus.
While this is a remote role, preference will be given to candidates available during normal business hours across EMEA. You will handle multiple engagements concurrently, and a successful candidate will bring a “customer-first” mentality to the role.
Zend Server is an enterprise PHP development platform that delivers leading tools and services for creating and managing web and mobile applications. It offers real-time debugging and monitoring, plus long-term PHP support.
- Accountable for delivering various PHP consulting engagements pertaining to code migrations, modernization, and general advising on topics related to PHP
- More information about services offered by Zend can be found on our website.
- Able to assist with design and implementation of various architecture programs in accordance with industry best practices and methodologies
- Able to contribute to and construct complex technical requirements documentation
- Meet with clients on an as-needed basis for regular project status calls, troubleshooting and debugging
- Work independently while communicating regularly on project progress, risks, milestone completion to ensure an on-time and on-budget delivery
- Participate in code reviews as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of development experience with PHP, including web development, API integration, and frameworks
- 3+ years of experience as a software architect or similar level
- Proven track record of success leading projects and guiding team members
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with source control management tools (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with key DevOps concepts and DevOps tools and automation practices
- Familiarity with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with Zend technologies (Zend Server, ZendPHP, Zend Framework) a plus
- Experience with IaC tools such as Ansible or Terraform desired
- Writing and communicating in English with both internal and external stakeholders required; however, knowledge/comfort with other EMEA languages, especially Italian, is a plus.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.