As a Logic Synthesis domain expert, you will research, invent, and implement robust software solutions for RTL synthesis, mapping, and inference; P&R-based physical synthesis and timing-driven re-optimization while leveraging unique features of the Achronix FPGA technology. Utilize your knowledge of Electronic Design Automation (EDA) algorithms and data structures in the context of our high performance timing-driven FPGA synthesis, placement and routing application to make significant contributions to the ACE software tool chain. The position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate directly with other Achronix R&D Software team members working on routing, detailed placement, global placement, timing optimization, and runtime and memory optimizations. As an integral part of a small team, you will contribute to a culture of agile innovation and continuous quality improvement with quickly growing responsibilities and rapid career growth opportunities.
- Excellent C++ programming and debugging skills
- Experience in a scripting language (Python, Perl, or Tcl) and a hardware description language (Verilog or VHDL)
- Deep and broad understanding of software data structures and algorithms, specifically VLSI or FPGA circuit synthesis, placement, routing, and optimization
- Prior experience working with either high-level synthesis or logic synthesis or both
- Strong analytical and debugging skills to understand cause and effect in a large software code base
- Ability and willingness to envision and try novel approaches to solve difficult software engineering problems
- Familiarity with software multi-threading techniques
- Good understanding of boolean algebra and digital circuit design and testing
- Ability to effectively develop and communicate task specifications, and to prioritize among competing tasks to meet product deadlines
- Prior experience with FPGA technologies is a plus
Education and Experience
- Experience with the use one or more commercial or academic EDA tools
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Either of the following:
- BS or MS in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical/Computer, or other related/applied engineering fields) from a top research university with 4+ prior years of industrial experience in EDA software development using C++
- Ph.D. with original dissertation in EDA software R&D from a top research university
The compensation range for this position is $110,000–$160,000. Salary ranges dependent on experience and location.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.achronix.com.