Summary / Role Purpose
ANSYS is seeking an experienced Senior Cloud DevOps/SRE Engineer to be part of a rapidly growing team that’s responsible for design, build and delivery of the application stacks for product teams in a cloud-based environment. You will be working closely with software and QA engineers, to build and maintain the right cloud infrastructure, balancing performance and resilience with cost. As part of a growing team focused on emergent technologies, you will run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health to ensure quality, security, and reliability. You will provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large, distributed software applications across multi cloud service providers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Define, implement, and document operational processes and procedures, with periodic review for efficiency and feedback to the development team for improvement.
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and analytical skills with a proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in an Infrastructure/DevOps/SRE Engineering role
- Experience managing operational monitoring, metrics and logging systems
- Proficient in multiple scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash).
- Source/version control (Git)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering discipline
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Experience working with, or are familiar with the differences between, public, private, and mixed cloud environments.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Familiar with Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies such as Kubernetes or Azure Web Apps
- Experience with Container technologies such as Docker
- Experience operating, automating and scaling cloud based HPC infrastructure platforms
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.