Website Agile Analog
Are you a designer who wants to move into more of a customer support role?
Agile Analog is revolutionising the way Analog circuits are designed. Based in Cambridge but with the ability to work flexibly, we are growing quickly to become one of the world’s leading semiconductor IP companies. Using our innovative core technology, we are able to design analog circuits faster, to a higher quality, and on any silicon process.
We are disrupting methodologies that have been unchanged for generations and if you have that similar mindset with the desire to make an impact then play a part in our story.
Applications Engineers are critical in helping our customers to build exciting, innovative products based on ourtechnology. Those customers range from small start-ups to household OEM and semiconductor names.
This role is available in the UK Cambridge or Edinburgh offices and you will be part of an international team working across different countries.
Working with customers means that you will need to deeply understand what they want to achieve, identify their requests and issues and provide a solution that moves them forward. As your experience grows, you could be visiting customers’ sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their designs.
What you will be doing
- Working closely with Engineering to make sure that product reviews are in place and bringing your experience of customer needs to bear
- Managing pre tape out reviews with the customer to ensure they have implemented our IP correctly in their system
- Managing the customer in post-sales support, where you will not only use your expertise but your interpersonal skills to support our partners through their technical challenges and interface between them and our IP Development teams
- Create and manage an FAQ section for longer term knowledge and helping to improve our products. You will raise improvement requests against products and documentation, and periodically write application notes
What we need from you:
- Detailed hands-on analog knowledge
- Proven experience in a technical customer support role or experience in implementing analog blocks into mixed-signal SoCs
- A desire to help multiple design teams deliver leading edge products
- BSc Degree or higher qualification in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl/python).
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Even better if you have:
- System Design experience
- Full knowledge of the front to back mixed-signal SoC design flow
- Familiarity with Mandarin as well as English
What we offer in return:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Flexible work hours to fit around your personal commitments
- We consider individual requirements to work remotely with home set up assistance provided
- Professional development and professional society membership
- Company share options
- 25 days’ annual leave with the option to purchase additional days
- Company pension scheme (with a salary sacrifice option)
- Private health insurance (including optical and dental cover)
- Life Assurance
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme – free wellbeing and health services
If the above role matches your experience, skills and motivations then we would love to hear from you.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit apply.workable.com.