The Senior Application Engineer is responsible for the support of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Senior Application Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and translate customer’s requirements into exciting new product features.
- Develop competence in one or more products working independently and be recognized as an expert
- Leads portions of projects and motivates others towards a common goal. Displays desire to get involved. Instills confidence in others
- Work on-site with customers under minimal supervision
- Deliver training/education to customers
- Translate customer’s requirements into a product feature
- Learn new tasks and adapt to change, establish priorities, and handle various tasks simultaneously, perform job under pressure or in critical situations
- Understand a customer’s organization, their competitive environment
- Identify, articulate, quantify, and prove Ansys value to the customer
- BS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 8 years’ experience, MS with 6 years’ experience, or PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Commercial experience with IC physical design, timing and noise analysis, or voltage drop effects with CAD tools
- Python programming skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with IC design tools for place and route, extraction, timing, and power integrity.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Experience delivering high-quality support for a large-scale commercial software
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.