ANSYS, Inc. seeks Senior Application Engineer to work in Troy, MI.
Partner with customers to solve their real-world engineering problems, deploy Ansys software in their design workflows, and grow Ansys’ business. Use expert-level engineering knowledge to provide technical pre-sales support, perform professional services, and help translate customer requirements into exciting new product features. Work within multi-disciplinary teams to create pervasive simulation solutions, advance industry knowledge, and grow the business impact. Specific job duties of this position include the following:
- Lead in coordinating and executing all technical activities throughout the sales opportunity lifecycle such as technical discovery, negotiate technical success criteria, product presentations, demonstrations and evaluations;
- Interact with customers to understand their product design needs and engineering design workflows; analyze how to address customers’ requirements using Ansys products and platform, and articulate Ansys’ value proposition;
- Assist in creating differentiating simulation solutions using the Ansys platform and products; deploy the solutions within customers’ design workflows;
- Develop competence as a subject matter expert and industry expert;
- Collaborate with the Ansys product development teams to translate customer requirements into exciting new product features; test new releases of Ansys products on industrial problems, and develop application best practices;
- Support Ansys field and digital marketing teams, and author conference presentations; and
- Contribute to consulting services, and conduct introductory and/or intermediate training classes.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering or a related field of study, and three (3) years of experience in a related position.
- Alternate Acceptable Education and Work Experience Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or a related field of study, and five (5) years of experience in a related position.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included:
- two (2) years of hands-on experience using commercial ADAS/AV simulation software tools Ansys VRX, IPG CarMaker, or equivalent;
- two (2) years of experience in an engineering software environment for the automotive industry;
- demonstrated experience in the autonomous vehicle industry, including sensor types and their operation;
- demonstrated experience with developing and integrating ADAS feature algorithms;
- demonstrated experience with on-board software for ADAS or any Computer Vision (CV); and
- experience providing customer technical support, consulting services or similar customer facing activities.
- Must be willing to travel domestically up to 25% of time.
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.