Website Alphawave Semi
As a member of Alphawave Semi’s Connectivity Products Group, you will help enable the next generation of datacenter interconnects by driving the development of direct detect and Coherent DSP products supporting 800Gbps, 1.6Tbps and beyond interconnects spanning a few millimetres to a few hundred kilometres.
What You’ll Do
- Work with a team of world-class engineers who are willing to help when needed and are happy to receive help when offered.
- Ensure analog block performance adheres to standard and system model specifications.
- Identify and refine circuit implementation to optimize power, performance and area targets.
- Propose design and verification strategies to ensure high quality design.
- Oversee physical layout to minimize the impact of parasitics, device stress, and process variation.
- Present simulation data for peer review.
- Document design features and key test bench performance metrics.
- Work with the application team to characterize your circuit and correlate measurements with simulation results
What You’ll Need:
- PhD degree or MSc degree in Engineering Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or Computer Science is at a minimum.
- The position is located in Toronto and the Engineer will be reporting to the Senior Director
- 8+ years of experience.
- Familiarity with transistor-level circuit design using advanced CMOS technology nodes.
- Silicon-proven experience implementing circuits for analog building blocks.
- Design experience with one or more of the following circuit blocks: continuous time linear equalizer, slicer, high-speed ADC, voltage-controlled oscillator, phase interpolator, bandgap reference, voltage regulator, serializer, deserializer, voltage/current-mode transmitter, phase-locked loop, phase detector
- Experience optimising CMOS layout to minimise parasitic impacts.
- Experience designing for reliability including management of aging, overstress, and electromigration issues.
- Experience with EDA tools for schematic entry, layout, and verification.
- Knowledge of SPICE simulators and simulation methods.
- Knowledgeable in Verilog-A for analog behavioural modelling.
“Hybrid work environment”
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit alphawave.wd10.myworkdayjobs.com.