This position is accountable for DS&S business in Japan, Manage our distributor to promote DS&S Products (Delivery Systems and Services) to customers. DS&S is the business that offers Specialty Gas Delivery Equipment/Specialty Chemical Delivery Equipment/Turnkey Installation of Gas/Chemical systems and Poly Flow products. Individual is expected to become technically competent with products in order to be capable of develop offerings to end customers.
The individual must be able to inspire the confidence of management and customers by his/her skill in presentation, negotiation and problem solving. Considerable inter-personal skills are required to deal successfully with the complex relationships. Individual will be expected to have constant interfacing to distributor and end customers.
Individual will also need to develop a keen understand of the market and competitive offerings and be able to efficiently feed this information back to head quarters in order to promote improvements in the development of DS&S products. Need to have good English skills and technical understadnings.
Individual is expected to have 2 roles, 50% of Sales role and 50% of Engineer role.
- Engineer part – This position will be responsible for providing Field Service/Troubleshooting/Repair relevent to delivery system including guide our distributor of container change-out at customer sites and ensuring that the site Technical Services and Operations are carried out per our EL requirements and/or protocol(s). This position remains contactable 24/7 and is active participation in customer meetings and/or audits. Responsible for safety and quality implementation and compliance. Report submission, as required, pertaining to Technical Services and Operation activities. Business travel is required to services regionally.
Scope of People Responsibility
Sales part (50%)
- Commercial responsibilities to win orders/projects. Meet/exceed OP plan target
- Manage distributor business inlcuding equipment/parts delivery to customers in Japan. Need to have leadership and ownership for overall business in Japan, also with good understanding of customers as well.
- Part of regional commercial team, provide necessary support to others as required. e.g. OEM collaboration.
- Support and manage the offering of DS&S equipment in Japan, Including preparing equipment technical/commercial proposals.
- Managing after sales support business with distributor in Japan.
- Work with distributor and DS&S regional commercial team to develop the commercial strategy, technical proposal and cost estimation for the bidding of large opportunities.
- Distributor/Customer communications/presentations.
- Contract negotiation with customer/distributor based on input from company’s legal advisor.
- Provide revenue/profit forecast and update monthly to regional commercial director
- Provide monthly report and attend commercial reveiw meetign to report out busienss update.
- Update Japan Marketing information and feedback to commercial director and product managers
Service part (50%)
Annually EH&S KPI achievement
Annually EH&S training completion.
BSP Participation compliance and participation.
Annually Quality KPI achievement.
Annually Quality training plan completion.
Quality audit findings improvement and action plans follow up.
Non-conformance reports investigation, action plan follow up.
Execution – Field Services and Operations
– Business urgency response operation
– Safety and Technical Consultancy, troubleshooting support, supervision and expertise sharing/guidance to distributor. service maintenance and/or repair activities
– Equipment Startup and Commissioning support including but not limited to specialty gas and precursor delivery and distribution equipment and associated monitoring system.
– Field Services and Project Management
– Operations support for EL materials including but not limited to precursor container change
- Product management teamd, Quality team Service team and Commercial team, regional and globally
- Materials team for BU level collaboration
- Distributor in Japan
- End customers in Japan
Education / Work Experience
- Minimum a Degree is required with background of Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in Semiconductor Industry, or any OEM related experience is preferred.
- Good communication and coordination skills.
- Fluent in English writing and speaking is plus.
- Candidate must successfully pass required physical screenings and pass qualification of FSE level 4 and level 3 within 12 months after onboarding.
Frequent business travel
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.vibrantm.com.