Summary / Role Purpose
The Sales Development Interns plays a key role in creating and developing opportunities for new business by generating marketing generated leads for the Ansys, Inc. sales team. In this internship you will partner locally with field sales and channel team to nurture leads with the intent of delivering qualified opportunities to sales based on predetermined criteria.
The experience you will gain through this internship is significant engagement in a business-to-business environment and use of internet/internal database resources to identify and profile new customers.
This is a 40-hour per week paid position starting August 2022 through December 2022.
What You Will Receive
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing Company that lives on the edge of brilliant physics and revolutionary ideas to push the limits of what’s next.
- Learn the aspects of what it takes to build a career in software Sales and Marketing
- Be introduced to and gain experience in Salesforce CRM, High Velocity Sales – Sales Enablement Platform, Drift – Sales Accelerator Platform, Pardot – Marketing Platform
- A seat at the table to share your ideas and make your voice heard
- An opportunity to be part of the team throughout the school year and/or full-time after graduation
- School/College credit (if applicable)
- Personal and professional development
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the lead qualification, routing and administration process at Ansys.
- Generating new business and interest through account-based marketing programs, involving email and calling campaigns
- Follow up on prospect inquiries relating to Ansys software products, qualify them by applying sales and technical expertise and pass them to the appropriate opportunity owner and help to schedule meetings, appointments, and demos where needed.
- Effectively partner and work across the Marketing, Sales, Channel and Product teams to support achievement of Sales target.
- Research, identify and create new market opportunities through targeted engagement into prospect accounts.
- Work closely with key internal teams and engage current accounts to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools to expand awareness, education, referral networks.
- Ensure the data integrity & consistency in CRM by updating the lead and/or contact info and account/prospect intelligence gathered to provide visibility to market opportunities in assigned territory.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or similar discipline.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to university after the completion of the internship program.
- A drive to win and continuous learner.
- A great networker, who can build trust and meaningful connections.
- A great communicator.
- Technical aptitude
- Experience in leveraging social media
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Able to assess business opportunities based on predetermined criteria in order to align opportunities with sales
- Able to understand industry issues and apply software value statements in order to engage with prospective customers in a meaningful and mutually beneficial manner
- Ability to engage with prospective customers based on open probes and creation of value statements.