Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. This position focuses on implementing reusable components and supporting transformation of existing products to become “cloud native”.
You will engage in platform development activities while interacting with colleagues in very diverse teams across the company. You are comfortable with software best-practices, Git, Linux, continuous integration and continuous testing. Your code is clean, readable and well documented. As a skilled software expert your colleagues will rely on you to address common challenges as you implement and deploy reliable and robust processes and software to enable other developers publishing containerized services to the platform, and building solutions based on the platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 2 years’ experience or MS
- Working experience with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, virtual infrastructure, cloud security, Python, git, REST and/or gRPC APIs usage, design and implementation
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Technical knowledge and experience with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, virtual infrastructure, cloud security, Python, git, REST and/or gRPC APIs usage, design and implementation
- Experience with web development, object-oriented design, C/C++/C#, Bazel, Traefik, KeyCloak, Consul, Open Telemetry, Grafana, Datadog.
- Experience with scientific applications such as CAD/CAE, Jupyter, Colab, Kaggle, PyAnsys.
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.