Date: Feb 24, 2020
Location: Athens, GR, 10431
The successful candidate will join the Research and Development team that creates state of the art software for electromagnetic crosstalk analysis.
With increasing frequencies, tighter design margins, denser integrated circuits (e.g. 3-D IC structures, stacked die architectures, etc.), and new devices and materials, the necessity of full electromagnetic (EM) interference analysis is becoming a fundamental need for the industry. The associated physics and the sheer design size bring out new challenges related to power and reliability, affecting design closure, and at the same time make the incorporation of EM phenomena in the sign-off process extremely challenging. ANSYS simulation and modeling tools offer the sign-off accuracy and performance needed to ensure optimal design, noise integrity and reliability of even the most complex ICs, taking into account electromagnetic crosstalk.
- Build a solid understanding of the code and the team’s software development processes
- Diagnose and fix code problems
- Deliver code that meets requirements on schedule. Ensure that code is efficient, scalable, maintainable, extensible, robust and easy to understand.
- Optimize code to improve tool runtime and memory capacity
- Create unit, regression and/or system-level tests to thoroughly validate new features or changes
- Communicate clearly and work closely with manager, technical leads and other engineers to refine solutions and to describe changes that may affect others
- Learn and follow best practices in software engineering
- Expand depth and breadth of knowledge in specific electronic design and analysis areas
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with five years’ experience, or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Three years’ experience C++, with broad and deep understanding of the language and familiarization with contemporary standards (e.g. C++14) and language constructs
- Strong background in data structures, algorithms, and debugging
- Ability to learn quickly, understand complex systems and to work closely with others
- Ability to complete high-quality work on time
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience with version control systems
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas are a plus:
- Successful large-scale commercial software development
- Experience with high performance computing and parallel programming tools and frameworks
- Experience with the Python programming language
- Experience in IC physical design flow and tools
- Experience with numerical linear algebra algorithms (e.g. solution of linear and non-linear systems) and tools
- Experience with computational geometry algorithms and libraries
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.