From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
NetApp Public Cloud Services BU is actively seeking a senior engineer for the PCS Quality Engineering team. As part of the quality engineering function, the focus of the group is on product quality, customer success, test automation development, regression test suites and time-to-market.
- This position requires an individual to be technically strong, team-oriented, able to work with cross-functional teams, and driven to ensure delivery of high quality features.
- Have a background in deploying and/or securing container-based systems such as Docker or Kubernetes on private and public clouds (OpenStack, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Contribute to the quality of systems by Reviewing features, user stories, acceptance criteria, design documents and bug descriptions and create plans to ensure quality applications meet requirements of scalability, stress, negativity, usability, performance
- Create, document, maintain, extend and execute automated tests. The suite of tests will be developed within a framework that will allow for repeatability.
- Isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that surface during ing.
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings, demos, retrospectives, grooming, sprint planning, release planning and other Agile meetings.
- Write system, installation, configuration and support documentation for ed applications.
- Share automation best practices and set high standards for the entire team to build consistent and maintainable s and automation frameworks.
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation to validate complex hybrid cloud infrastructure features
- Communicate and collaborate with engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans
- Diagnose, debug and perform root¬ cause analysis of issues and defects
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will positively contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Software test development experience with scripting, Python
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM
- The candidate should be self¬-driven, with a strong quality background
- Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
- Work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks, script development and documentation.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Familiarity with advanced concepts of computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Resourceful in applying creative ideas to solve problems
- Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
- Experience with vSphere platform and vCenter experience is a plus
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit netapp.eightfold.ai.