- The newly formed procurement function at Pragmatic owns the strategic development of the supply chain to enable the business’s ambition growth plan, enhance our competitive edge, and deliver on our environmental commitments.
- We operate at the intersection of technology and strategy, ensuring that we have the right commercial relationships to meet Pragmatic’s mission to see our technology in 1 trillion smart items over the next decade.
- We are dedicated to driving innovation and value through robust supplier partnerships with companies who share our values.
- We foster social and environmental responsibility in our partnerships and operate with unwavering honesty, integrity, and passion, fostering a culture of collaboration and mutual growth.
- Creation of long-term strategic supplier strategies, evaluation of supplier & technology options and the nomination of suppliers based upon robust decision matrices.
- Contribute substantially to major construction projects in both Durham and Cambridge (including construction, utilities etc).
- Establish positive internal relationships with key stakeholders & develop an environment where procurement is at the forefront of commercial decisions.
- Apply proven commercial acumen to supplier strategies, negotiations and nomination and long-term relationship management.
- Lead both internal & external benchmarks and cost estimations for the function to drive and enhance performance
- Lead and develop Supplier Relationship Management across the category group
- Develop and introduce supplier performance metrics
- Take a leading role in the development and enforcement of procurement policies, procedures, and controls to mitigate risks and maintain a strong governance framework.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for the procurement function, track performance metrics, and prepare regular reports for senior management. Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions.
Qualifications and training
- Degree or MCIPs qualification preferred but not essential
- In-house training – management, financial management, leadership, people development
Skills and experience
- Commercial experience in high value complex supply chains / manufacturing organisations, (preferably with direct knowledge of the semiconductor industry).
- Ability to operate within a newly formed purchasing environment and apply sound commercial knowledge to support the development of a best-in-class function
- Experience of managing and developing a team of buyers
- Capable of working in both an independent capacity and comfortable in small dynamic teams
- History of building internal and external relationships and interaction with management at all levels
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly growing, high tech, innovative organisation.
- Objective, analytical and a clear and persuasive communicator with a positive and enthusiastic outlook
- Demonstrable commercial / negotiation skills; proven success in creating & leading sourcing and negotiation strategies
- Capable of seeing the “big picture” in defining sourcing strategies, encompassing relations, quality, cost, service and integrity
- Confident in managing contract negotiations alongside inhouse and external legal teams