Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
Keysight’s Semiconductor Infrastructure Solutions (SIS) has an opening for a Prototype Model Maker/NPI CNC Machinist. As a Model Maker, your job is to work in our model shop to provide prototype parts, custom tooling as well as other parts, to both R&D and Order Fulfillment customers. The selected candidate must be able to produce parts which meet customer’s requirements and specifications, as well as working as a team with engineering to identify DFM opportunities. Requires ability to quickly produce prototypes from a “napkin sketch” design, all the way to a fully annotated 3D model with 2D drawing.
- Ability to setup and program CNC machines as well as operate both manual mills, lathes, surface grinding, etc.
- Exposure and familiarity working with CAD packages such as Siemens NX and CAM packages such as Mastercam.
- Effective and safe use of Model Shop equipment and materials to fabricate components, prototypes, fixtures, etc., from verbal instructions, 2D sketch/drawing, and/or 3D solid model.
- Work with complex, tight tolerance parts (better than .0003”)
- Capable of standing at a machine for extended periods of time
- Capable of safely lifting 40 lbs
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and files, including GD&T proficiency
- Experience and knowledge in secondary operations such as deburring, polishing, heat-treating, etc.
- Experience working with various materials (aluminum, steel, brass, plastics including peek, delrin, polycarbonate)
- Experience working with simple sheet metal parts preferred
- Ability to use computers and manufacturing software
- Journeyman with a minimum of 8 years sustained experience in directly related positions and activities. Technical Degree, specialized training/certificate or equivalent experience.
- Strong mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong working background using CAD and CAM software
- Demonstrated self-starter, ability to work independently, take ownership of assignments, and complete tasks thoroughly, accurately, and on-time
- Demonstrates flexibility, willingness to reprioritize activities to support and meet customer needs
- Demonstrates good judgement and decision-making skills
- Maintain a neat, organized work area and equipment, in a clean environment, and following all company safety guidelines.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and collaborate with other machinists to troubleshoot issues
$65,600.00 – $109,330.00 Annually
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-keysight.icims.com.