Puppet by Perforce develops DevOps tools that improve software quality and security as well as team productivity for several of the world’s leading companies, such as PIXAR, CD Projekt Red, NASA, Verizon, Honda, and NVIDIA.
In this role, you’ll help our customers succeed through training and consulting, as well as further Puppet’s product growth with direct customer feedback. The ideal Professional Services Engineer is a blend of DevOps Engineer, Client-facing Consultant, Puppet trainer, and Pre-Sales Engineer. It’s a tremendous opportunity to be in the leading edge of automation trends and to see how companies in every industry approach automation or utilize our products.
- Work with our customers to design and implement solutions that help them deliver software faster and more reliably.
- Deliver Puppet training and help keep that training accurate and up-to-date as our products and our customers’ needs evolve.
- Be responsible for providing pre-sales support to Sales & Marketing, developing, and publishing Puppet modules and products, and developing and promoting integration and tooling around Puppet products.
- Develop blog posts and other communication for Puppet, and work with R&D and Product Management to develop and test Puppet products.
- 5+ years of experience in software DevOps, Systems Administration, Automation, or Network Infrastructure
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically
- Solid background programming with Unix and/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps, including automation
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills – must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Excitement about working with the Puppet Enterprise and Open Source community
- Passion for problem-solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience clients and internal resources in face-to-face, telephone, virtual meetings and the ability to work and interact as a member of a group or team
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Applicants with Puppet Certification are a plus
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise or Puppet Open Source. (Puppet 4 or anything more recent)
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Windows systems administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Professional services experience in an open-source/enterprise software company
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.perforce.com.