The Professional Services Engineer (PSE) – Automation and DevOps is an integral part of NetApp’s Professional Services Consulting organization that provides expertise for automation and orchestration for NetApp products. This role will act as a technical leader for IT Infrastructure, driving strategy and delivering a world-class experience to our premier customers. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing automation/Dev-Ops experience and technical leadership to drive the growth of our cloud offerings here at NetApp. This role will be involve translating business processes into automated tasks, as well as deploying automation tools and tasks into customers’ environments, ensuring integration with existing infrastructure.
- Working experience with On-prem and Cloud based NetApp Data Management Technologies – ONTAP, StorageGrid, CVO, FSxN etc.
- Proficient in at least two scripting languages along with REST APIs – powerShell, python or bash/ksh.
- Working experience with infrastructure deployment and configuration automation tools – Ansible and/or Terraform
- Experience in provisioning, operations, and management of anyone one hyperscaler platform Azure, GCP or AWS.
- Capability to articulate end-to-end Automation solutions, with an emphasis on being customer and business centric at the same time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; including presentation skills.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Familiarity with database technologies – SQL/NoSQL, MongoDB.
- Working knowledge on containerization and orchestration – K8s, Docker etc.
- A good understanding of Enterprise Architecture and related principles.
- Working knowledge of DevOps concepts for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery environments.
- Knowledge of federated identity management, role and access management, and privileged administrative access best practices.
Roles & Responsibility
- Solutioning and creation of highly automated infrastructures focused on data storage.
- Work with Ansible and Terraform for automated deployment capability, along with Gitlab source code management and Jira/Confluence for scrum.
- Train customers on solutions with organized demonstrations or our methodologies and ad-hoc knowledge transfer sessions
- Design implementable and repeatable controls.
- Management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Troubleshoot and take ownership of complex problems and resolve high-impacting operational issues.
- Identify gaps in existing and proposed architectures and provide recommendations for risk resolution.
Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 7+ years and a master’s degree, or equivalent combination of professional education/training and applicable work experience.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit netapp.eightfold.ai.