Samtec is growing and adding a Night Shift Production Supervisor for our Wilsonville Cable manufacturing site (M-F, 5pm-2am). Responsible for management, supervision, and development of production associates to achieve the organization objectives such as safety, quality, delivery, cost, and strategic focuses. Understands and always applies company policies with regards to customer service and associates. Develops and maintains a spirit of teamwork and empowerment among associates.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Responsible to manage, lead and supervise a team to achieve the organization objectives.
- Be the area owner and accountable for the area/section performance metric such as safety, quality, delivery, cost and environmental compliance.
- Support the implementation of robust quality systems in a highly complex electronics manufacturing environment.
- Drive continuous improvement within operations through real time process control and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Support the developing of strategic plans to control costs related to manufacturing activities including labor, materials, logistics, scrap, quality returns, et al.
- Provide support and act as the voice of the customer for internal manufacturing regarding change management, discrepant material and product qualifications.
- Ensure the production team is clearly communicated with company policies, EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) and quality regulatory requirements and comply with it at all time.
- Ensure proper training to the associates to perform their job with the tools provided according to the SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) / WI (Work Instruction).
- Ensure product is produced according to the print in order to meet the industry standards and customer expectations for quality.
- Proactively look into quality improvement to ensure OD and PPM meet the corporate target.
- Contain and investigate any quality issue timely in order to minimize the cost impact and escapee to customer.
- Manage the machine capacity and people capacity (this includes the associate work schedule like OT, time off, vacation etc.) with alignment to the order schedule.
- Communicate to Techs on priority and engage them in troubleshooting defective tooling that may cause efficiency or quality concern.
- Walk the line frequently to know what is happening in the line and able to address the issue timely with the team.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing, Operations, or Engineering department.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Supervisory or Management position.
- Must be a self-starter with strong leadership in Operations/Manufacturing management a must.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability. Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing process improvements. Proficient is MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player and must be able to work with multiple groups of people (Operators, Technicians, Engineers, etc.)
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or equivalent is preferred; not mandatory.
- On the job training as appropriate.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.