Website Siemens EDA
Product Test Engineer
Location: Troy, MI
Siemens Simulation & Test Solutions is looking for a Project/Product Test Engineer in the areas of Graphical Pre-Processing of Finite Element Analysis which is built on leveraging modern C++ techniques to produce fast and efficient solutions. This position entails testing and deploying production application Simcenter 3D.
- Main objective is to Test new features in Simcenter 3D Pre-Processing, Siemens’ flagship CAE software program.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality and Testing concepts (Autotest and Unit Test framework)
- You will be a part of an Agile team of 6 member using Scrum methodology
- Learn the Agile Scrum process, values & actively participate as member of a Scrum team
- Create, design new Epic/Capability test plans to meet acceptance criteria and satisfy stakeholders
- Design test cases listed in the Epic test plan.
- Conduct testing of projects and sign-off on time
- Perform system level testing during Product Validation
- Develop knowledge and become technical expert for one or more Simulation Modules.
- Design and implement new training courses and tutorials for
- fellow testers and assist in generating technical documentation.
- Ensure that Code Coverage Analysis techniques are used to validate complete functionality.
- Improve test specifications by analyzing the root causes of technical
issues and develop testing solutions for those root causes.
- Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing.
- Work with stakeholder to acquire industrial data for testing purposes.
- Cross train Scrum team members in testing concepts and techniques
- Work collaboratively with Scrum team members to deliver product increments in Sprints and capabilities in a release which adheres to team and organizational Definition of Done.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanics, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering with 1+ years of experience
- Simulation software experience of 1 year
- Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis theory or Boundary Element Analysis theory required
- Moderate level of experience using MS Windows required
- Ability to solve complex issues using analytical skills
- Ability to balance simultaneously product testing work with sprint testing work
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Good written and verbal skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience working in an engineering position
- Experience of testing an engineering software is a plus
- Experience of using NX/Simcenter 3D products is a plus
- Experience of using Finite Element solvers or Boundary Element solvers
- Experience of using LMS Virtual Lab Acoustics is a plus
- Experience of using Nastran/SAMCEF solver is a plus
- Moderate level of experience using Linux is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.