- Work closely with customers to understand their requirements for custom design and layout especially for FinFet based designs in the Virtuoso platform.
- Attend technical review meetings with customers at Cadence or at customer sites to understand status of various product areas. Provide presentations and comments as needed during the reviews.
- Visit customer sites regularly and hold meetings to educate customers on how best to utilize the Virtuoso cockpit to meet their design and layout needs. Debug any tool related problems with Virtuoso on-site. Collect feedback about any positives or negatives reported by the customer and provide inputs to R&D. File bug reports (CCRs) when needed.
- Generate demoes and Rapid Adoption Kits (RAKs) as needed to allow the sales teams to better market our products to the customer base. Deliver demoes or training as necessary to train the sales team.
- Create SKILL based utilities for specific customer requirements that are not available generally in Virtuoso. Develop a plan to perform the necessary validation before providing the utilities to customers
- Use the Virtuoso platform to create test schematics and generate layouts. Test newly implemented functionality based on these tests and provide feedback to R&D and drive any necessary changes.
- Generate Product Requirement Specifications (PRS) to drive R&D to implement customer requirements as required. Work with a cross-functional team (CFT) to achieve alignment amongst various groups before closing on the PRS.
- Partner with the Product Validation (PV) teams to ensure proper validation of customer flows. Provide flow tests as required for regression testing
- Work with technical publications (TechPubs) to ensure proper and easy to read documentation for all customers. Highlight any new features that may be of interest to customers
- Collaborate with R&D and functional Product Engineering (PE) to ensure that the most critical customer issues are addressed in a timely fashion. Provide work-arounds where possible.
- Work with marketing to drive tool positioning and licensing based on customer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field is required;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in industry is preferred. Recent college graduates may also be considered and are encouraged to apply!
- Experience in custom analog layout and an understanding of challenges for analog layout. Experience with FinFet layout techniques and multi-patterning techniques preferred. Experience with EM/IR related concerns a plus.
- Knowledge of key analog circuit structures (e.g. Diff Pair or resistor arrays) and the associated layout requirements to minimize density gradients and achieve a high level of matching
- Experience with using Virtuoso especially the Virtuoso Layout Suite for connectivity driven layout. Experience with Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE) a bonus.
- Familiarity with the SKILL programming language and ability to write SKILL utilities. Experience with other scripting languages like TCL and PERL preferred.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.