GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
This position is within the Mobile and Wireless Infrastructure (MWI) business unit and will report into the Vice President of Mobile Platforms and Peripherals business lines. In the Principle Business Unit Product Management position, the candidate will help drive business results for GF’s feature-rich semiconductor solutions, including imaging and sensing, display, audio, secure payments, and specialty power, that will deliver the next generation of immersive mobile user experience. A technical background (EE, ECE) and MBA is preferred as the candidate will be responsible for providing technical solutions in collaboration with leading product companies and market and financial analysis that supports and influences GF business strategy. This will be achieved through close collaboration with partners in marketing, business line management, the Chief Technology Office, finance and operations, sales (including Sales Ops), and pricing.
Preferred Location: Santa Clara, CA or Austin, TX (Other GF locations can be discussed)
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze the market strategy for the imaging, display, audio, security, and power business lines at GF
- Align GF’s technology roadmaps to meet the market and technology needs of lead mobile OEMs
- Own tracking of key business metrics, such as revenue and profitability, by working with stakeholders and other functions in the company.
- Drive ownership and accountability in responsible organizations such as Sales, Design Enablement, Manufacturing Fab, and Supply Chain to deliver data and information needed to ensure the P&L is on track.
- Ensure that all investments made on behalf of the Mobile Platforms and Peripherals business lines are prioritized, well understood, and tracked for success.
- Drive the process and ensure data integrity in the long-range planning and R&D allocation processes
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- 3yr+ industry experience in technical role
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of advanced semiconductor processes, or circuit design and architecture, and their enablement
- Direct experience in product and program management
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.