Cadence Design Systems Inc. is looking for a highly motivated Principal Software Engineer in Test to be a part of the AWR Research and Development team. You will be exposed to various capabilities of the AWR software platform, which is used for RF/microwave circuit design.
- Define processes and test methodologies to maintain software quality.
- Work with both R&D and Product Engineering to define test strategies and test plans.
- Evolve testing infrastructure to add capability.
- Create new test cases (manual and automated) to verify/validate enhancements and fixes.
- Position may include some travel.
You will love this job if you:
- Enjoy solving challenging problems with creative solutions.
- Enjoy learning new skills.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering + 4 years of related experience, or Masters +2 years of related experience.
- Experience with software testing of desktop applications including automation testing. (preferred)
- Experience with test development using Python or other scripting languages.
- Experience with compiled languages, C++ preferred.
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Great problem-solving and debugging skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Qt 5 Framework
- Experience with electronic design automation (EDA) software tools
- Experience with industry standard test automation tools, such as Squish.
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools, like clang-tidy, PVS Studio, Valgrind, etc.
- Experience with Visual Studio or VS Code.
For Colorado-based roles: Annual salary range of $75,000 to $125,000. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Our benefits programs includes: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.