Cadence is a pivotal leader in electronic design, building upon more than 30 years of computational software expertise. The company applies its underlying Intelligent System Design strategy to deliver software, hardware and IP that turn design concepts into reality.
Cadence customers are the world’s most innovative companies, delivering extraordinary electronic products from chips to boards to systems for the most dynamic market applications including consumer, hyperscale computing, 5G communications, automotive, aerospace industrial and health.
Cadence products are licensed using Flexera’s FlexNet technology and are protected using proprietary and third-party technologies.
This position is for an experienced Software Engineer in the Licensing Engineering team.
The Licensing Engineering team is a central development organization that interacts with all Cadence products from Licensing and protection perspective.
Working in this team offers a challenging and rewarding experience for a Software Development Engineer.
- Designing, developing, testing and debugging Cadence License API, License Server and Tamper prevention software.
- Working closely with other members of the engineering team on design iterations, code reviews, security, performance, testability, and inter-operability.
- Supporting external customers and internal product groups with license compliance related issues.
- Working on multiple Unix and Windows based systems.
- Working with multiple people from cross functional domains to understand customer (internal & external) requirements and translating them into functional and design specification before implementation.
- Ability to mentor and train junior members of the team.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Hands on with strong proficiency in C, C++ in Linux and Windows environments.
- 10+ years industry experience, working on high-performance, high-availability, distributed systems.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, Socket programming, multi-threaded applications, Client-Server architecture, Performance tune up & Server scaling.
- Good fundamentals in OS concepts, Algorithm/Data structures, Modular programming.
- Good communication skills, being proactive, ability to execute with minimal follow up are a must.
- Be proud and passionate about the work you do. Together, our One Cadence — One Team culture drives our success.
- Experience working with FlexNet technology an advantage.
- Knowledge of Python, Java, Windows programming, Shell scripting an advantage.
- Security related expertise including Cryptography, PKI, and Digital Signatures are highly desired.
- Knowledge about creating test harnesses and units tests for complex software systems is essential.
- Knowledge of Grid environments such as LSF, TCL/TK a plus.
Cadence is committed to equal employment opportunity and employment equity throughout all levels of the organization. We strive to attract a qualified and diverse candidate pool and encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.