Who We Are
Altair is leading the global convergence evolution toward smart, connected everything by delivering ground-breaking solutions in data analytics, simulation, high-performance computing, and smart connected products (IoT).
You will find a different culture at Altair in the way we work, how we interact and the collaborative approach we bring to projects. We pride ourselves on a business culture that enables open, creative thinking, and we deeply value our employees and their contributions towards our clients’ success, as well as our own. Your ideas are heard, your efforts are visible and your work impacts company growth. Communication is open and teamwork is encouraged.
What You Will Do
Working in the Product Design team in Leamington Spa, you will help our customers develop new products using your automotive engineering expertise facilitated by Altair’s simulation and optimisation technology. You will be involved in delivering projects from early in the concept development phase all the way through to production ready design.
You will be working on new vehicle development projects to apply Altair’s optimisation driven C123 process to deliver light weight, efficient body structures that achieve cross attribute performance, primarily for new electric vehicles. You will also work closely with the team that develops new concept simulation software tools where your ideas on process improvements will impact the future development of Altair C123 software tools.
- Provide technical leadership on customer projects to deliver successful outcomes.
- Prepare simulation models, perform calculations, post-process (interpret and prepare) results and make decisions based on the outcome to influence design-direction.
- Able to make decisions based on simulation results to influence design direction.
- Flexibility and ability to multitask in a rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and share ideas with others.
- Good communication skills are required to present and understand information to and from the customer.
- Willing to work in other sectors or industries from time to time if required.
- Be involved in every step of the project lifecycle from planning through to final delivery.
- Ability to plan tasks on a project to ensure the cost and timing requirements are met.
- Work with the UK and global sales teams to advise technically and help prepare proposals as well as with our product development teams to help improving our software tools.
What You Will Need
- Essential: Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Desirable: Masters or PhD.
- Full UK Driving license.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the automotive industry.
- Experience gained in an OEM or consulting environment.
- Experience of structural crashworthiness, NVH and durability.
- Experience of structural load cases for body design and target setting.
- Knowledge of body in white construction and integration of battery pack for EVs.
- Enthusiasm and strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships (both internal and external).
- Team player, customer oriented and delivery focussed.
- Planning of technical projects.
- Project management and track record of delivering on time and budget.
- Experience with Altair simulation software: OptiStruct, Radioss, HyperMesh.
- Expertise in the development of electric vehicle concepts.
- Expertise in the application of optimisation technology.
- Driving licence / flexibility to be able to do customers visits independently.
- Experience of managing small teams of engineers.
- Ability to communicate complex engineering information to various audiences.
- Commercial awareness & attention to detail.
- Logical problem-solving skills, ability to demonstrate solutions coherently.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills.
- Self-motivation and strong organizational skills.
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “Firsts”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary on offer (flexible dependent on experience of candidate).
- 25 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas shutdown.
- Additional Charity Day for each employee.
- Discretionary variable bonus of up to 10% of base salary dependent on function performance.
- Competitive benefits package post-probationary period including but not limited to:
o Comprehensive pension scheme with 10% employer contribution.
o Monthly gym membership.
o Health Insurance.
o Optical/Dental Cashplan.
o Life Insurance at 4x salary benefit.
o Income protection and comprehensive sick pay cover/enhanced statutory schemes.
- Regular team rewards including team building events/dinners/activities.
- Company breakfasts/fresh fruit and biscuits daily.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Eligibility for our Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit phh.tbe.taleo.net.