Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. STUDIO was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
Codasip is expanding in the UK. We are looking for Hardware Engineers at all levels to build out our team and help deliver and expand our product roadmap. The role can be based in either our Bristol or Cambridge offices, or remotely within the United Kingdom.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company with a unique position in the industry. If you are proactive, you are not afraid to voice your own opinion, and are looking for a job where you can be creative, we think you will work well with us.
- To be a leading member of our IP design team providing a leading role on a significant part of the CPU microarchitecture development
- Responsible for the microarchitecture definition and implementation of RISC-V processors and extensions
- Providing technical leadership to a small design team and mentoring of more junior members within the team
- Processor development within the Codasip Architectural Language (CodAL)
- Undertaking design synthesis and results analysis to ensure PPA targets can be met
- Working closely with the verification team on verification planning, debugging, and final sign-off
- Technical specification and documentation writing
- Participate in and drive design and verification reviews
- Be responsible for defining, estimating, and tracking of own work
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Over 10 years recent and relevant module design experience with at least one HDL (VHDL/Verilog/SystemVerilog)
- Good knowledge of CPU architecture
- Ability to write clear and concise code
- Experience with digital circuit simulation
- User knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of versioning tools (Git, SVN)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, Bash, Python)
- Analytical thinking, self-sufficiency, team collaboration
- Ability to work across teams to debug issues and find root causes
- Knowledge of RISC-V instruction set
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and architecture
- Prior leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Experience of Synthesis, Design for Test, and Timing Analysis
- Experience of low power design techniques
- Experience of Formal verification techniques
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Good degree (BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng or equivalents) in a numerate discipline
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.com.