- Senior Level Field Application Engineer (FAE) supporting Cadence Custom IC Signoff products. Minimum of 10+ years practical experience using Cadence VPS/Voltus/Voltus-FI or equivalent industry products. Working knowledge of Virtuoso Layout and ADE simulation environment is a plus.
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Conducting technical presentations, technical training, and product demonstrations to customers, including development of customized presentations as required.
- Work closely with Sales Management to identify sales opportunities, prioritize them and help develop winning sales strategies.
- Perform methodology assessments, improve existing design methodologies, and develop new ones that leverage Cadence technology and services.
- Manage strategic customer evaluations/benchmarks on Cadence’s back-end solutions to establish technology differentiation and assert Cadence competitive advantages
- Developing an understanding of the customer’s needs and also of the competition’s technology and sales strategies to create solutions that best meet our customer needs.
- Communicating customer requirements and feedback to Cadence Engineering groups and Marketing for issue resolution and to improve product features and quality
Minimum Education Required: BSEE, BSCS or Equivalent
Preferred Education: MSEE, MSCS or Equivalent
Minimum Experience Required: 10+ years analog and/or mixed-signal (custom) physical design, verification and extraction, CAD, or AE experience. Basic understanding of overall Design for Manufacture, EMIR and Parasitic Aware design flows. Demonstrated competency in Physical Verification techniques, parasitic interconnect and device extraction, and its electrical effect on physical designs.
Knowledge of Cadence VPS/Voltus/Voltus-FI, Quantus™ (QRC) and PVS DRC/LVS preferred, but will accept candidates with working knowledge of other similar tools in the industry. A good understanding of DRC and LVS debug abilities and parasitic extraction methodologies.
Strong vocabulary, communication, organizational, planning, and presentation skills are essential. Ability to work independently and productively with high quality output and results in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Must be open to constant personal development and growth to meet the evolving demands of the EDA industry.