We are looking for a RF Custom IC Application Engineer
Job Description, Role and Key Responsibilities
The Cadence Applications Engineer (AE) role is a great opportunity to employ your strong technical skills to enable semiconductors companies adopting Cadence solutions and associated IC design methodologies. The Application Engineer will work with some of the most technically demanding IC design development solutions and leading-edge nanometers process technologies.
The AE is credible to articulate Cadence solutions with an emphasis on RF custom IC design platform. In a customer facing and commercially sensitive working environment, the AE is responsible for actively assisting Cadence customers and prospective customers during:
- Sales technical campaigns and product evaluations in resolving customers design challenges while promoting Cadence solutions value added benefits
- Adoption from concept to successful deployment of design flows and associated methodologies through design environment assessments and consulting services
- Direct best practices Cadence tools knowledge sharing through standard customer support infrastructure
The AE will develop skills to:
- Acquire solid technical understanding of the complete Analog and RF IC design/analysis/verification flow including 2.5D/3D EM and circuit simulation.
- Drive best practices and lessons learned from training deliveries, tool benchmarks and customer interactions back into product development and Cadence AE community
- Build understanding of customers ‘needs as well as Cadence competition’s technology and sales strategies.
- Improve existing design methodologies and develop new methodologies leveraging ever evolving Cadence solutions and services.
Requirement, Experience, Education
- BSc required, MSc/MEng preferred in micro-electronics engineering, PhD in the field is positively evaluated.
- RF and Analog simulation savvy
- Large experience on 2.5D/3D EM solvers
- Multi-Chip Module (MCM), 2.5D/3D IC packaging knowledge is a plus
- Understanding of RF design simulation flow – preferably with Cadence environment – knowledge of the latest Virtuoso tooling and associated design methodologies is a plus
- 10 to 15 years of work experience in the domain
- A team player who is passionate about technology but also understands business requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience of UNIX environments; knowledge of SKILL, C or other computer language(s)
- The candidate will be fluent in English and good level in Italian
- Some travels will be required: to visit customer offices in Italy and abroad and for training at EU and US Cadence sites.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.