We are looking for a software engineer with a strong analytical mindset to join the team and help ensure the best ML performance with most recent Arm ML software, systems and IP.
About this role
As a member of the ML System Analysis team you will lead performance analysis investigations to gain insights and help influence the direction of Machine Learning software. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference.
You will engage with specialists across Arm, including software and systems teams to understand, explore and challenge the limits of performance capabilities.
You will use advanced pre-silicon platforms of next-generation systems, to understand new use-cases and significant workloads to ensure Arm IP and systems deliver excellent ML performance.
- Analyse and understand Machine Learning workloads, systems and performance expectations.
- Build and run software-based ML performance tests on pre-silicon platforms such as RTL emulation and FPGA.
- Collaborate with other teams across Arm to analyse, interpret and guide Machine Learning performance and power for next generation IP.
- Produce technical summaries for a range of audiences, based on detailed analysis and interpretation of results.
- Share knowledge and influence others, both within ML engineering group and wider across Arm.
The successful engineer will be highly flexible, quick to learn and be motivated by the opportunity to understand and improve the performance of future Machine Learning solutions using Arm technology.
What technical skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Software development experience, in languages such as Python, C, C++ (essential).
- Passion for analysis and improvement (essential).
- Low level software/hardware development & debug (desirable).
- Experience with working on pre-silicon platforms such as RTL simulation, emulation or FPGA (desirable).
- Data analysis and visualisation, for example Jupyter Notebooks (differentiating).
- SoC domain experience, including knowledge of bus architectures, and memory systems (differentiating).
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related field.
What interpersonal skills do I need?
- Capable of working both in teams and independently.
- High degree of initiative and a confident problem solver.
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken.
- Good communicator, ability to work as part of a team, and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
About the team
We are a focused ML System Analysis engineering team working to ensure that Arm delivers performant ML software and hardware solutions and enables our partners to build leading-edge products. Using detailed analysis, we inform and influence Arm engineering, marketing, and external partners.
The team covers a wide range of software and hardware levels, application domains, workloads and types of analysis to get a full and accurate picture of ML performance capabilities, limitations and improvement opportunities.
At Arm you will enjoy working in a highly stimulating collaborative environment. Our team works closely with other software, hardware and system teams across the company.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.arm.com.