Achronix is a privately held fabless corporation based in Santa Clara, California and offers high-performance FPGA solutions. Achronix’s history is one of pushing the boundaries in the high-performance FPGA market. Achronix offerings include programmable FPGA fabrics, discrete high-performance and high-density FPGAs with hardwired system-level blocks, data center and HPC hardware accelerator boards, and best-in-class EDA software supporting all Achronix products.
- Ownership of the hard and soft protocol IP used in Achronix products.
- Drive cross-functional bring-up, validation, support and documentation efforts of the SerDes and protocol solutions on the Speedster7t devices and boards. The protocols include PCIe Gen3/4/CCIX and 400G Ethernet.
- Plan, drive, implement and publish interoperability results for Achronix protocol IP and work with customers to deploy similar solutions on their own systems.
- Work with the Achronix software team to implement and verify appropriate protocol macros/configurations for ACE users.
- Generate bring-up and reference designs, including simulation support, to highlight protocol use-models and demonstrate performance to customers.
- Provide a high-level of technical support to resolve challenging customer issues with a focus on, but not limited to, SerDes and protocol IP.
- Participate in road-mapping and planning discussions for SerDes and protocols in future Achronix products.
- Expert knowledge of protocol IP with emphasis on, but limited to, PCIe Gen3/4/CCIX and 10G/40G/100G/400G Ethernet.
- Understanding of other protocols including Interlaken, FibreChannel and JESD204 is a plus.
- Proficient in technical writing, including user guides, test/verification plans and spreadsheet based analyses.
- Strong logic design and verification background with experience in STA.
- Experience with FPGA implementations and programming, specifically pertaining to SerDes and protocols.
- Verilog expertise; System Verilog and VHDL knowledge is a plus.
- Good communication skills and ability to multi-task.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in EE, CE or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working on protocol IP bring-up, validation and debug.
- Expert with lab test equipment, specifically those needed for protocol IP validation, characterization and compliance – oscilloscopes, function generators, logic analyzers, BERTs, backplanes, interposers etc.