The Alphawave IP Silicon Validation and Applications team is looking for a highly experienced Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer for our ultra high-speed (100Gbps+) network communication devices. This is an opportunity to work on leading edge technology. Be part of a fast moving, enthusiastic, and dynamic team made up of mixed signal, system, validation, and application engineers.
In this role you will be working as the PCB designer for test board development to support the next generation ultra-high-speed interfaces, referred to Serial-Deserializer (SerDes) transceivers or optical transceivers. The focus of the designs will be on the signal integrity design and simulation of these high-speed interfaces with a moderate to high level of component integration.
What You Will Do
The individual will be responsible for all PCB activities pertaining to the design and the manufacturing packages (e.g., BOMs, Change Orders), maintaining CAD part libraries, simulation reports, providing estimates for workloads of the activities under this position, and reporting on work progress.
- Schematic design, capture, and component selection
- Creating and sustaining component symbol and footprint databases
- PCB layout (Cadence Allegro or equivalent)
- Design consideration and simulation of signal integrity (SI) and power integrity (PI) performance
- Mechanical design
- Providing technical support to assembly contract manufacturers and PCB fabricators
- Generating manufacturing package and associated documentation including assembly drawings, PCB fabrication drawings, and Bill of Materials
- Sustaining the CAD tools used for the generation of the PCB data
- Validate board design through lab testing and measurements
- Support debug and repair of boards
- Provide regular project status communication
- Develop/improve/align to team’s best test practices
- Collaborate with analog/system/digital design engineers, package engineers, and software engineers to capture and meet all design requirements
What You Will Need
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of PCB design, preferably with circuit design for optical applications
- Fluent in PCB layout using Cadence Allegro or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of cross talk avoidance, signal integrity, and power integrity concepts
- Model and simulation skills and familiarize at least one 3D EM tool such as HFSS, ADS/FEM, and one 2.5D EM tool such as PowerSI or SIWave
- Strong knowledge in various specifications such PCIe (Gen1 to Gen6), IEEE 100G CK (C2M, CR, KR), and OIF 100G CEI (VSR, MR, LR), etc. is desirable
It Would Be Amazing If You Had
- FPGA programming
- Ability to develop software drivers for on board components
- Proven team player with strong communication skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Able to listen to and appreciate ideas and opinions that differ from yours
- Extremely detail oriented
- High organizational skills
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drives for consistency
- Takes personal pride in high standard of outputs
- Self-motivated and self-managing
Diversity & Inclusivity
Alphawave IP is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal.
Alphawave IP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Alphawave IP will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit workforcenow.adp.com.