GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking experienced professionals to support the state of the art 300mm semiconductor manufacturing and development in Malta, New York. The core responsibilities of this team involve ownership of process integration of semiconductor devices; monitoring performance and driving improvements related to technology yield, Cp/Cpk of inline and electrical parameters, defectivity, and more. The team is also responsible for the development of new and emerging technologies through definition/execution of experiments and technical data analysis. The ideal candidate can demonstrate a technical understanding of semiconductor principles and an understanding of a balanced scorecard approach to develop, sustain, and improve semiconductor technologies with quality, cost, and delivery all considered.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Define and implement Ion Implant process improvements for new technology insertion to improve process robustness and achieve technology milestones for yield, reliability, etc.
- Drive process and technology transfer from customers and other GlobalFoundries fabs to Fab8 and well and new technology development for 14nm and beyond.
- Lead, plan and execute continuous improvement projects to increase yield, productivity, and cost effectiveness (including rework improvement)
- Engage in proactive teamwork to support cross functional milestones through collaboration with quality, equipment, integration, and operations engineering teams.
- Mentorand train technicians on shift to support quality and delivery metrics for 24×7 fab operations.
- Execute strategy projects for improvement of sustaining of operations through monitoring of statistical process control (SPC) charts and disposition of out of spec material.
- Drive process improvements for high volume manufacturing using statistical tools, DOE techniques, data driven decision making and systematic problem-solving skills.
- Support the process planning and quality organizations to ensure the equipment meet the cost, quality and reliability metrics Achieve customer on-time delivery and cycle time commitments through tool qualification and run path management with manufacturing operations.
- Use Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to assess and mitigate risk for process changes.
- Evaluate new toolsets and upgrades in order to define best selection for Fab 8 capacity expansion.
- Support Fab8’s efforts in building a world class organization, achieving manufacturing excellence and establishing a team based collaborative culture Other
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs Required
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant engineering physical science discipline is required.
- Minimum 10 years of Semiconductor experience.
- Fluency in English Language written & verbal
- 10+ years’ experience as Ion Implant process engineer.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, energetic and self-starter.
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
- Strong organizational skills along with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business need Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments – Individuals will be and must be able to understand complex automated systems and human interactions.
- Statistical DataAnalysis program experience and or other programing language experience (such as Jump, Matlab, Origin, Python, etc.) is preferred
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit globalfoundries.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.