Website Keysight EDA
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights in electronic design, simulation, prototyping, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~15,000 employees create world-class solutions in communications, 5G, automotive, energy, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Learn more about what we do.
Our powerful, award-winning culture embraces a bold vision of where technology can take us and a passion for tackling challenging problems with industry-first solutions. Diversity, equity & inclusion are integral parts of our culture and drivers of innovation at Keysight. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers.
Mixed-Signal IC Design Manager
This job will be part of Keysight Laboratories, which develops state-of-the art and beyond application specific integrated circuits (ASICs), enabling performance breakthroughs that differentiate our electronic test and measurement products. Within the Mixed-Signal ASIC Design section two Integrated Circuit (IC) design groups in Santa Clara design leading edge analog and mixed-signal circuits, including several of the world’s highest performance Analog/Digital and Digital/Analog data converters. These are implemented as analog front ends (AFEs) in large, mixed-signal ASICs to address the needs of various Keysight business groups, which incorporate them into high-performance test and measurement instruments, offering unmatched market solutions to the broad test needs of Keysight’s customers. The groups have a long history of unique innovation, teamwork, and collaboration, enabling several generations of very successful Keysight products.
We have an opportunity for a Mixed-Signal IC Design Manager to join our team and manage programs of the Santa Clara IC Design groups. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing a high-performance team of IC designers to deliver breakthrough data converter products and systems, in advanced CMOS and BiCMOS technologies.
- Executing the R&D effort to develop these designs: defining project/program scope, goals, and deliverables; defining tasks and assessing required resources; managing schedules, budgets, and tracking deliverables.
- Communicating and balancing appropriate tradeoffs to optimize technology choices, schedule, performance, and cost (including SWAPP-C improvements).
- Working individually and with the team to identify opportunities for personal, professional, and technical development.
- Developing and implementing departmental plans to support Keysight’s long-term growth and strategic goals.
- Liaising with ASIC and instrument technical leads to gain customer applications knowledge to mutually determine, define, develop, and validate product concepts.
- Participating in strategic planning to help define technical direction to reach future business objectives.
- Helping develop and maintain internal partner/customer relationships.
- Supporting transition of product designs and enhancements to full production/delivery.
Although program management work is in the foreground of this opportunity, a successful candidate should also enjoy technical challenges and have advanced technical competence in the field of activity of the group, be highly motivated and motivating, take initiative to proactively solve problems, be adept at creating a plan then executing to that plan, be a good listener to the team, and exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be successful in a high-energy and fast-paced environment.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or closely related field, with thesis work on mixed-signal IC design, or an M.S. in Electrical Engineering with substantial experience in IC design.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven track record in program management of complex mixed-signal designs/ products from concept phase to ship release.
- Proven organizational leadership, program, and people management skills to drive change and influence teams and partners towards higher levels of execution, return, and productivity.
- Solid experience managing a high-performance engineering team in development programs, including:
- Experience in resource planning, task assignment, and completion tracking.
- Experience with managing and reporting project budgets and schedules.
- Experience in communicating program status and progress to customer/partner divisions and instilling customer confidence.
- Ability to multi-task and to formally track details, issues, and risks over multiple projects.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate professionals to meet aggressive, challenging objectives and timelines, including active performance management when required.
- Candidate should possess a solid understanding of mixed-signal ASIC design and related packaging technologies, as well as practical knowledge of semiconductor technology processes, devices, and associated performance limiters.
- Experience with high-speed (multi-GS/s) data converter and high-performance GHz clock circuit designs is a plus.
The position will be based in Santa Clara, CA. Relocation is available for qualified candidates.
This position requires access to certain goods, software, technology, or technical data subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these laws and regulations, U.S. persons (which includes U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, lawful permanent residents, refugees, and asylees) working for Keysight can access export-controlled items without authorization from the U.S. government. For any individual who is not a U.S. person, Keysight may need authorization from the U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Commerce, or other appropriate federal agency before the individual can access export-controlled items. Employment in this position for non-U.S. persons is contingent on Keysight’s ability to obtain any required government authorizations.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers-keysight.icims.com.