GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
GlobalFoundries Fab 9 Team is looking for an intern to drive projects with in our Metrology Engineering team for the summer, located in our Essex Junction, VT location.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Implement a “smart” methodology to prioritize sampling as a function of available metrology/inspection capacity to get the most data with the least number of wafers measured. This will include understanding Fab WIP flow, mapping of measurement steps to process steps and optimizing lot/wafer sampling by step.
- Implement a PM methodology to maintain fresh back-up copy of equipment hard drives for all Metrology/Inspection tools.
- Set up spare parts, training, PM scheduling, etc to enable assumption of equipment maintenance responsibilities by GF.
- Work on adhoc projects as necessary.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Bachelor’s Student enrolled in an accredited engineering, majoring in – Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent academic standing
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated; able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objectives are aligned and met
- Team player; able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.