Website Mentor Graphics
The Software Development Engineer required for the R&D team to perform the following:
• Research, development and optimization of advanced tools/systems for next generation and high performance of Calibre platform.
• Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics.
• Design, develop and optimize software using scientific analysis.
• Interact with other teams such as marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements for new system/features.
• Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience
• BS/Master/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
• Must have 5+ years’ experiences in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms.
• Prior knowledge and experience of manipulation of large data volume is required.
• Experience of developing software on GPU systems or High Performance Computation systems is a plus.
• Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and/or semiconductor manufacturing software development is a plus.
• Must be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with other engineers from different groups is required.
• Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup project and personal goals, and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
• Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed computing is preferred.
• Strong background in algorithms and data structures, object-oriented design, mathematics, statistics and data analysis, programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems is preferred.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit mentor-careers.employeereferrals.com.