Website Dassault Systemes
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world’s most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
What will your role be
As an Applications Engineer, your mission would be to build products (apps, services, tools) that accelerate innovation in Life Sciences by powering the digital transformation of world’s most-used platform for clinical development and commercial, real-world data while upholding standards of quality.
As a R&D Applications Engineer you would –
- Design, develop and manage software application using the engineering principles
- Work with architects and other engineers and contribute actively to system architecture and design decisions
- Actively engage in code reviews to improve code quality and promote TDD/BDD approach
- Enforce refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, source code control and review practices, in order to create maintainable, understandable code
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily stand-up meetings, backlog grooming, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders; collaborating with testers to ensure quality, and with product managers to turn great ideas into concrete, implementable requirements
- Follow Medidata’s Standard Operating Procedures to ensure all software meets regulatory and company requirements.
The Challenges ahead
- Understanding of source control management (Git/Github)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- A passion to stay current with new technologies and engineering concepts
- Thorough understanding of Object-oriented and functional programming styles
- Proficient on technologies of ReactJS, Python, Java
- Working experience in relational databases
- Strong understanding of API Design, discovery, documentation, orchestrations and management of services
- Working knowledge of CI/CD tools like Travis, Jenkins
- Good knowledge of git and git-flow
- Exposure to Docker, AWS will be an added advantage
- Experience to work in a fast paced environment with Scrum/Agile project methodology
- Thrives in a team environment and has strong written and oral communication skills
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo – propose multiple solutions with pros and cons
Your key success factors
- Typically requires 4-8yrs of strong experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or a Master’s degree
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit www.3ds.com.