Website Siemens EDA
Join the growing team at our world-class train manufacturing facility in Sacramento, CA. Siemens Mobility, Rolling Stock Division is the North American market leader in the production of passenger locomotives and coaches, and light rail vehicles. See links below to learn more about Siemens Mobility:
As an Electrical Assembler, you will support a broad range of activities in a dynamic, high energy production environment building electrical control racks, wire harnesses, and other sub-assemblies for the best rail vehicles in the world.
What we are offering
Full time position
Starting pay – $17.00/hr. (plus shift premium – 10% for 2nd shift, 20% for 3rd shift)
11 paid holidays, 18 days PTO
401K – 6% company match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
What you will be doing
- Assembly of component parts and sub-assemblies according to engineering drawings, specifications, and work instructions.
- Read and understand assembly drawings, bills of materials, and assembly instructions.
- Connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Make electrical wire terminations.
- Cuts wire to specified lengths and routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points.
- Safely use hand and power tools.
- Complete work order documentation, quality documents, and accurately clock labor hours.
- Meet company standards for quality and workmanship
- Meet production schedule, quality requirements, and budgeted labor hours with limited supervision.
- Explain assembly procedures and techniques to fellow workers.
- Follow all safety requirements, including use of all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Contribute to and maintain conditions that ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
What you need to be successful
- High school education or GED
We would be impressed if you have
- Experience reading electrical schematics and wire lists
- Upon offer of employment, candidates will be subject to a background check and drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential job duties:
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear.
- Occasionally lift and move no more than 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.