The Market Development Manager will be responsible for identifying growth account targets from existing customer list, new account targets, implementation of sales support, and ensuring successful relationships to drive sales growth.
This position will uncover growth opportunities through in market activity, provide local market economic insights, contribute to the development of strategic marketing plans, including, but not limited to, the analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and vertical market opportunities.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Cultivate new and current customers in assigned territory to identify new opportunities
- Develop key account strategy and prioritize pipeline opportunities
- Develop best practices to prioritize account interest and appropriate follow up
- Efficiently use Salesforce to research accounts, identify key contacts, and reach out to prospective customers
- Work with customers on design in opportunities and resolution of technical issues.
- Assist in sales channel education of new products and technical selling features.
- Collaborate with the Sales team members to penetrate targeted accounts with innovative and strategic approaches based on territory
- Support the sales team with qualified opportunities from quote to purchase order
- Build strong professional relationships across the Sales and Marketing Departments
- Identify market needs and feed market-based ideas to Marketing and Product Development
- Collect competitive intelligence and build technical knowledge of competitor products and applications
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- Experience in Sales or another profession where selling or identifying new opportunities is desired.
- Knowledge of industry products, competitors, and technological advancements in which the industry is going is preferred.
- Self-Motivated as this person will be working from a home-based office.
- Travel the Seattle area will be required approximately 4 days per week. Potential for travel outside of the Seattle area could be 4 – 6 times per year.
- Knowledge in electronics industry strongly preferred
- Sales experience highly desirable, 2 years minimum experience
- Bachelor’s degree: emphasis in engineering, business, or communications preferred
- On the job training as appropriate