Our client in Louisville, KY is looking for a Manufacturing Eng General. This is a long-term contract position.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver Manufacturing Delivery Quality Operating System requirements for your specific System (Body, Electrical, Powertrain, Suspension, Exterior, Interior, Body). Collaborate with Product Development team to generate facility & tooling costs, improve quality, and reduce labor requirements.
- Use virtual tools to evaluate the feasibility of new model designs for high volume assembly operations.
- Write/modify/maintain process sheets and deliver updated Cycle Line Layouts.
- Lead identification, resolution, and closure of feasibility issues.
- Create and follow a master schedule for the design, build, and implementation of tools in your subsystem.
- Lead assembly tooling installation, start-up, and commissioning at the assembly site. In addition, support tooling buy-offs @ vendor facilities.
- Lead identification, resolution, and closure of all Manufacturing specific product and tooling issues.
- Develop “Lessons Learned” from New Model launches and implement Prevent Reoccurrence Actions into future programs. Support Department Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Morale, Environment, and Innovation (SQDCPMEI) initiatives.
- Interface with cross-functional activities (Product Development, Supplier Technical Assistance, Material Planning & Logistics, New Model Programs).
What You Will Need:
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong Project Management skills and result oriented mindset
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- 3D CAD review abilities (Teamcenter, VisMockup, CATIA, or equivalent)
- Understanding of PFMEA and failure mode avoidance principles
- Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Automotive manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience with automotive assembly tooling, processes and facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering