Summary / Role Purpose :
Manager R&D Verification joins the Meshing Development Unit (MDU) to lead the software testing projects of meshing capabilities used in various Ansys applications including fluid meshing technologies and python API based ecosystem. This role is responsible for management and personal development of team members, as well as the facilitation of the team’s work along with planning, resource assignments and progress tracking of all activities performed by the members of their team. The Manager R&D Verification works closely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical specialists on product issues and works with other groups as they adopt core meshing technologies in various Ansys products. The individual in this role uses their expertise to develop testing plans, assess requirements and provide leadership to ensure that quality standards are met. This role contributes to the business in broad or multiple areas of software verification and performs exemplary work and is recognized as meshing expert across the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of R&D Verification engineers and responsible for the on-time completion of the projects assigned to the team while meeting the corporate quality standards.
- Recruit, develop, coach, supervise other Verification Engineers. Create a positive team culture that is aligned with the Ansys culture
- Lead testing projects and initiatives, be responsible for coverage analysis, participate in defect management, track and report testing metrics
- Apply advanced technical and professional knowledge within and across disciplines and product areas, assist with cross team initiatives, investigate complex product issues and problems, work directly with support staff, and influence design of product features
- Specify and write advanced test cases, perform functional, application, and performance testing in manual and/or automated test environments
- Work in a variety of computing environments: Windows, Linux, Virtual Machines, Compute Clusters, Cloud
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Aerospace Engineering, or related field
- Required Minimum Years of Professional Experience: Bachelors+8, Masters+6, or PhD+4
- Advanced technical knowledge with meshing and finite volume analysis and experience with mesh generation for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solvers
- Proven track-record of leading or managing a team to deliver successful product releases following software development processes
- Strong computing skills with demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Significant commercial experience with Windows, and Linux operating systems, HPC and cloud computing
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent technical knowledge with Ansys meshing products and tools and its applications in solvers such as Ansys Fluent, CFX, etc
- Experience leading projects and delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial organization
- Experience working with Ansys customers or customer support roles is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and ability to overcome obstacles and drive projects to completion
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.