Samtec Wilsonville is adding 4 Technicians to each of the 12 hour shifts (2 day shift, 2 night shift).
Summary/Objective: The Cable Technician will be responsible for setup, repair and maintenance of cable manufacturing equipment and tooling. Responsibilities also include machine assembly and integration testing and troubleshooting. The Technician role supports Operations and Engineering teams to sustain existing manufacturing equipment and systems and develop new equipment.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Perform repair and maintenance for cable manufacturing equipment and tooling.
- Execute the preventative maintenance plan for the cable plant to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Perform process setup and change over tasks on cable manufacturing equipment.
- Troubleshoot automated machinery both electrically and mechanically.
- Generate accurate and timely maintenance records within an electronic system.
- Support overall cable plant maintenance KPIs including equipment uptime, time to repair, and on time completion of PM tasks.
- Support new and duplicate machine setup, debug, and troubleshooting.
- Follow equipment setup and adjustment procedures.
- Manage basic machine upgrades including machine field wiring and mechanical sub-assembly.
- Serve in a technical support role to provide training on key equipment and processes.
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and work independently.
- Work with Operations to understand priority and work to reduce machine downtime.
- Follow all site and local safety standards while performing work.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities”
- 3+ Years of experience in a Maintenance Technician or cable manufacturing role.
- Excellent observational skills. Able to recognize small discrepancies in the function of equipment. Able to use deductive reasoning to figure out the cause of a discrepancy.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization and prioritization and follow-up skills. Able to maintain accurate records for maintenance and equipment logs.
- Strong mechanical skills and knowledge including use of various tools for drilling, tapping, grinding, cutting etc.
- Operational knowledge of control relays, pneumatic solenoids, PLC’s, servo motors, stepper motors, operator interfaces, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Completes several concurrent tasks in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to read and write in English.
- Experience working in fast pace, dynamic environment, with limited supervision.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to be led in a manner that is consistent with a collaborative and highly productive, fast paced work environment.
- Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks.
- Ability to be part of team and communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Lifting Requirements: Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly from floor to waist.
- Hazards: Must be willing to work with and around chemicals, machines and high-temperature process tooling and equipment. Must also be willing to follow all safety regulations and wear required protective gear (PPE).
Preferred Education: High school diploma required.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.jobvite.com.