Website Mentor Graphics
We are looking for a Linux Developer with experience in embedded Linux runtime environment (Debian preferred). The ideal candidate should have recent hands-on development expertise with the major aspects of embedded Linux (embedded HW architectures, the Linux kernel, build environments, etc.). The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions. The candidate must also be comfortable working in a team environment and working directly with partners and customers. On occasion, travel may be required to meet with community organizations, partners, and customers.
• Implement and maintain a Debian based distribution aimed at Industrial applications.
• Work cross functionality across multiple groups, geographies and timezones.
• Port the Linux kernel to new boards and uprev BSPs to new kernel versions
• Work with customers directly to get issues localized and resolved
• Design and implement services built upon software products, open source components, and/or custom platforms
• Create functional design specifications and other project documentation. Review internal and external product documentation and provide appropriate input to other parties involved in various projects
• Track main open source community efforts and specific projects that potential customer engagements may rely upon.
• Become an authoritative voice on those topics.
• Participate in the community and upstream relevant work.
Applicant should possess at least a Bachelor degree in Electrical/Computer/Software engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Applicant must have at least 5 years of experience developing software for Linux systems (opportunities exists also for those having more or less experience, but at least 2 years).
Applicant must have significant experience in custom Linux distribution development and one or more of the following:
• Experience with Debian Linux. Including packages, distribution, build environment and integration.
• Real-Time Linux
• Security methods and frameworks in Linux
• Linux kernel and kernel module development
• Linux driver development (e.g. usb, block, character, wireless, network stack)
• Linux kernel debugging skills (e.g. kgdb, lttng, systemtap, jtag, etc.)
• Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management
• Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
In addition to above, applicant should possess several of the following:
• Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
• Experience in version control tools like GIT
• Experience in Linux build systems: Openembedded, Yocto (Poky), Debuild, etc
• Knowledge of Linux userspace environments
• Strong English communication
• Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced multi-national engineering environment
• Experience with x86_64 and/or ARM/ARM64 architectures
• Experience with boot-time optimization
• Experience in usage of debugging targets JTAG, BDI
• IoT experience including cloud interaction
• Customer facing experience
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.siemens.com.