Website Keysight EDA
As a market leader in measurement science, Keysight is at the heart of the technology revolution. Our customers are the world’s visionaries and innovators who achieve breakthroughs that change lives, secure the world and connect people across the globe. We’re driven to deliver breakthrough solutions and trusted insights in electronic design, testing, manufacturing, and optimization. We go well beyond the industry’s highest precision test products to integrated software and services that anticipate challenges and streamline processes. Keysight’s solutions optimize networks, integrate workflows, and validate tomorrow’s technologies with unprecedented performance backed by our global network of experts.
No other company offers the breadth and depth of measurement tools and expertise to meet the world’s critical electronic design and measurement requirements.
As a Keysight employee, you will:
- work with innovative technical experts around the world,
- work in a culture that embraces a fearless vision of where technology can take us and the courage and passion to tackle challenging problems with simple, smart, results-oriented solutions,
- work for a company that knows that breakthroughs flourish in diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environments,
- be part of a company that’s recognized for its commitment to socially and environmentally responsible business practices.
Keysight is looking for a Legal and Contracts Counsel to join our legal hub in Stuttgart, Germany, to provide legal, contracts and compliance advice and support for Keysight entities in Sweden and Finland and more broadly in EMEA. Keysight Legal is an exciting and challenging place to work where everyday is different; bringing new opportunities to develop experience and skills in a dynamic, hi-tech environment and as part of a cohesive, friendly team.
- Legal and ethical compliance: Provide legal counseling that ensures internal clients understand and act on obligations to comply with ethical and legal standards.
- Strategic alignment: Partner closely with internal clients; provide current information on legal issues, trends, and risks; understand business and function objectives and participate in strategic planning; prioritize delivery of legal service in alignment with the local entity’s primary objectives to ensure highest legal value add.
- Solution orientation: Provide responsive, pragmatic, solution-oriented counseling that advances the strategic objectives of internal clients while protecting Keysight’s assets, intellectual property, and reputation.
- Strategic matters: Lead or add value to complex transactions (including concerning customer contracts, partnering agreements, and sourcing agreement), programs, projects, and other strategic matters to allow for rapid completion; provided clear, concise counsel on risks, likelihood, and impact; ensure accountability for decisions involving high levels of risk at appropriate management levels. Such activities will be primarily focused on Keysight’s Swedish and Finnish entities but may extend to other jurisdictions with EMEA.
- Preventive law and education: Provide training and day-to-day counseling on relevant legal topics that promote the highest standards of legal and ethical compliance and better enable clients to identify areas of risk unique to their strategic objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide sound, efficient, and effective legal services, and advice to all functions in the Nordics and more broadly in EMEA, including:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating all forms of agreements, including sales agreements, purchasing agreements, services agreements, distributor agreements, license agreements, co-development agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Localizing and updating contract templates.
- Coordinating with staff members specializing in handling customer-related contracts, including drafting and reviewing them, negotiating with customers, and obtaining approvals about making agreements from internal stakeholders under internal policies and rules.
- Handling consultation from internal clients regarding legal affairs and compliance matters and ensuring the timely and effective provision of legal advice and guidance to them.
- Handling complaints from customers and business partners or providing support to internal clients who handle them.
- Ensuring effective and efficient management and resolution of disputes and litigations.
- Providing legal support for M&A and divestment initiatives.
- Providing legal support for Keysight initiatives, including amendment of registered items (such as corporate structure, capital amount, and purpose of the company), interim dividend, and change of sales model.
- Planning and implementing training for employees related to legal affairs and compliance.
- Handling matters related to corporate governance, including holding general meetings of shareholders and board of directors meeting and preparing minutes of them.
- Investigating violations of internal policies and non-compliance cases. Supporting internal audit conducted by Keysight’s global internal audit team.
- Participating in company management councils and other local committees as required, reviewing and examining legal affairs and compliance-related matters to the operation of Keysight in Finland, Sweden, and other EMEA entities and providing clear advice and guidance.
- Serving as a contact point with outside counsels and managing costs related to them.
- Judicial and legal qualifications in either Finland or Sweden.
- Solid understanding of Finnish, Swedish, and EU, commercial, civil and labor laws. Experience in managing legal and contract matters in the Middle East and Africa is desirable. Broad experience in drafting and negotiating customer-facing contracts and agreements.
- English: business-level reading, writing, listening, and verbal communication.
- Admission to either the Swedish or Finnish bar is a preference.
- 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Experience of working in a multi-country matrix organization, with adaptable communication skills to operate at all levels, including the Executive level.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit jobs.keysight.com.