The Lead R&D Engineer leads the design and development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the Lead R&D Engineer will use expertise to develop strategic plans, refine requirements and provide technical leadership in achieving development objectives. The successful applicant can expect to work on developing scientific visualization capabilities with the EnSight and Nexus teams across desktop-, web-, and cloud-based environments and delivering visualization systems in a “software-as-a-service” infrastructure. They will build scalable and intuitive experiences for science and engineering discovery, working closely with product management, testers, and other development experts.
- Leads planning, architecture, or research at a project level
- Coordinates product design and development activities requiring extensive analysis in areas such as user experience, software design and solver research. Acts as a technical reference within a group or product
- Develops and employs best practices and maintains them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support across multiple products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions, collaborating with the QA/support team
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for products, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Operates without direct supervision and may function as a team leader, project manager, or software architect
- May be responsible for line management of a small technical team but primary duties are of an individual technical nature
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 8 years’ experience, MS with 6 years’ experience, or PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Significant software development experience with scientific visualization software systems.
- Excellent technical knowledge of software design, object-oriented design, C++, and Python.
- Significant experience developing parallel software systems.
- Experience developing quality software within a code-development team.
- Proven track record of crafting robust and efficient code.
- Experience with software development practices and communication, including Agile development, Git, and UML.
- Experience leading projects and delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Ability to translate business needs into development plans
- Ability to overcome obstacles and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies, and to mentor junior developers
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.