Summary / Role Purpose
Are you skilled in numerical analysis and have a passion for working with engineering and scientific data? As our Lead Numerical C++ Developer, you’ll be instrumental in the design and development of software products that enhance our understanding of complex engineering phenomena. Your role will be central to our EnSight scientific visualization system, where you’ll collaborate with a dedicated team to refine requirements, develop strategic plans, and achieve our development objectives. Together, we’ll create scalable and intuitive visual experiences across various platforms, from desktop to web to cloud. If you’re a motivated individual with a strong background in numerical analysis and an abiding interest in engineering and science, then we want to talk to you!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads planning, architecture, or research at a project level
- Coordinates product design and development activities requiring extensive analysis in areas such as user experience, software design and research. Acts as a technical reference within a group or product
- Develops and employs best practices and maintains them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support across multiple products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions, collaborating with the QA/support team
- Researches and understands the marketing requirements for products, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
- Operates without direct supervision and may function as a team leader, project manager, or software architect
- May be responsible for line management of a small technical team but primary duties are of an individual technical nature
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study with 6 years’ experience, or PhD with 4 years’ experience.
- Significant technical and commercial experience with numerical analysis using C++.
- Significant commercial experience with software design and development methodologies, particularly in C++ object-oriented design.
- Proven track record of crafting robust and efficient code
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent technical knowledge and commercial experience with designing and implementing complex numerical algorithms for analysis and visualization of engineering and scientific data.
- Experience with handling large scientific datasets, especially in parallel and distributed computing environments.
- Experience leading projects and delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Ability to translate business needs into development plans
- Ability to overcome obstacles and drive projects to completion
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and geographies, and to mentor junior developers
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit careers.ansys.com.