Cadence’s Lead Customer Engagement Engineer role offers an exciting opportunity to engage with Cadence’s leading customers. CEE’s main responsibility is to ensure high quality software release for tier1 customers, by execution and monitoring results of a wide set of Customer Acceptance Tests on the state of the art designs. Additionally, validating new software technologies at customer site, , CEE will proactively participate in a seamless customer adaptation of the new feature, or migration to a new version of the software. This role consists of reporting software defects, debugging, root cause analysis of failing tests, and collecting performance data. Adding automation to increase effectiveness will be highly desirable. To be able to work closely with Application Engineering team and R&D team, CEEs required to have flexibility to work with different time zones. The collaborative nature of the role expands the horizon for the individual to extend responsibilities to product engineering, application engineering, or sales in future.
- BS with at least 5 years of relevant experience, MS with at least 4 years of relevant experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of computer architecture and design verification fundamentals
- Knowledge of Verilog, SystemVerilog and, UVM and ability to run digital simulations and debug failures
- Experience in scripting languages like Perl, Python, Unix shell or similar languages
- Flexibility to work with pacific time-zone hours and India
- Quality mindset to drive continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to proactively and independently solve issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new methodologies and technologies
- Excellent teamwork and time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of software test planning and use case driven testing
- Knowledge of Low-power design and coverage tools is desired
- High level of organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks