The Cadence IP team develops industry leading IPs that enable customers in a variety of markets – from the endpoint to the edge to the cloud. At Cadence we’re helping set the standard on IP products that get integrated in SoCs that power the world’s Data Centers, Automobiles, Cloud and Wireless Systems. We offer amazing opportunities to grow, no matter where you are in your career.
We are growing our Serdes Applications team and we are looking for smart, energetic, collaborative and creative people to help us lead the industry with our IP products. At Cadence, we believe in embracing diverse ideas and striving for excellence in all that we do. Do you want to make a difference and be challenged? Join the High-Performance Culture at Cadence.
As a Lead Applications Engineer, you will use your knowledge of different high-speed interface standards such as PCIe, CXL, Ethernet and USB to architect interface solutions for customers using Cadence Serdes IP and showcase the performance of the IP through demos at industry events. You will also define internal processes and lead initiatives to improve team productivity and grow the IP business. This role offers the benefit of both technical growth and business skill development. You will be part of the Technical Field Organization helping educate customers and providing solutions to them using our Serdes IP portfolio. Our serial interface PHY and controller IPs are used in data centers, mobile devices, automobiles and consumer devices.
- Technical presales of High-Speed Interface IP, including PCIe, CXL and Ethernet PHY and Controllers
- Present Cadence’s IP portfolio and capabilities to prospective customers
- Serve as a product expert in digital controller and PHY IPs and protocols
- Work closely with IP Sales staff, marketing and R&D teams to win opportunities
- Demonstrating IP Performance at industry events and to prospective customers
- Provide quick-turn product specific technical support to customers, field teams, architects and designers
- Define internal processes and lead team initiatives to improve efficiency and grow the business
- Write application notes and articles for internal and/or external publication
- Travel to customer sites may be required occasionally
- BS in EE, CE or related equivalent with 4+ years of relevant work experience or MS in EE, CE or equivalent with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Individual leadership and initiative to manage pre-sales accounts
- Excellent presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills is a must
Nice to have:
- Experience on high-speed interface controller and/or PHY design/verification
- Working knowledge of high-speed interface PHY
- Knowledge of one or more high speed interface protocols – PCIe, CXL, UCIe, Ethernet, USB, MIPI, 112G, 56G
- Lab validation or demo setup experience
The annual salary range for California is $98,000 to $182,000. You may also be eligible to receive incentive compensation: bonus, equity, and benefits. Sales positions generally offer a competitive On Target Earnings (OTE) incentive compensation structure. Please note that the salary range is a guideline and compensation may vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. Our benefits programs include: paid vacation and paid holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, employee stock purchase plan, a variety of medical, dental and vision plan options, and more.
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit cadence.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.