GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
Summary of Role:
With the current chip shortage, being part of the semiconductor industry as never been so exciting. One of the very first building blocks of creating chips is the Process Design Kit (PDK) and this internship is about having an important impact on how we will build our PDKs in the future. Being the chosen candidate for this project is your chance to influence and improve how we make chips for numerous applications like automotive, mobile devices, high performance computing and IOTs.
We need someone smart, creative and self-motivated that will be excited to leverage their automation, web design and Machine Learning skills to bring our workflow to the next level.
Our PDK library is developed based on various inputs coming from numerous sources. The work of the intern will be to consolidate the extraction of theses inputs through innovative solutions such as creating an intuitive web interface and connecting to an existing database.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
Your work will directly apply to our Analog Mixed Signal Design flow. You will learn and get familiar with various aspects of custom design such as:
- Cadence Virtuosos technology file development and SKILL coding.
- Development of SKILL PCells, including writing callbacks and netlisting functions for simulators.
- Developing layout and schematics in the Cadence Design Environment.
- Automation and running full custom design flow which includes Simulation, DRC, LVS, Parasitic Extraction, Back-annotation and post-layout simulation.
- Develop an end-to-end flow of gathering inputs through a web interface and automate their use in our PDK library generation flow.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Basic knowledge of device level layout and simulation
- Experience using Linux/Unix Environment.
- Good programming skills and existing experience in Python
- Good knowledge of UX design
- Understanding and knowledge of REST APIs and webservices
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate across teams to define common project specs
- Education – Currently Enrolled in a Master’s Degree Program with EECS, EEE, CS or CSE.
- Experience – 0 to 2 years.
- Travel – none
- Language Fluency – English
- Physical Capacity Demands – None.
- Knowledge of process design kits (PDKs), Cadence Virtuoso and/or Cadence SKILL programming language
- Proven ability and strong knowledge to build responsive user interfaces
- You understand major browsers and the special considerations required for them
- Good understanding of semiconductor process layout rules and concepts.
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Data Science would be a plus.
- Experience with UX design would be a plus
- Good knowledge of Oracle databases
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit gfoundries.taleo.net.