Designing microprocessors is hard, expensive, and takes years. But does it have to? No.
Codasip was founded on a simple belief – that we could bring together the brilliance of microprocessor architects and software engineers and capture it in tools that made design simpler, faster, and less expensive. STUDIO was born in 2014 with the mission of democratizing processor design. We are succeeding. At the same time, RISC-V was gaining traction, so it was natural for Codasip to embrace it as an Open Instruction Set Architecture (ISA).
We are looking for new members of the CTO office to join our R&D team working on the STUDIO and RISC-V, and be part of realizing a whole new paradigm in semiconductors and microprocessor design.
Role: Innovation Engineer for the CTO office
Time: full time
Our R&D team is growing as we expand our processor portfolio and look to address more application areas. We have a need to expand our CTO office to develop our next generation of STUDIO and RISC-V cores developed in STUDIO. This is a senior role within the company and will have interaction across R&D and also with our customers. You will influence our technology roadmap and be a key contributor to our future success.
While Codasip is headquartered in Europe, our approach and culture are typical of Silicon Valley, meaning that we value prudent risk taking and “out of the box” thinking. We are a well-funded start-up poised for dynamic growth based on our leading edge product portfolio.
RISC-V is a revolutionary technology in the semiconductor industry. This role will have high impact and visibility in Codasip and in the growing RISC-V world.
Main responsibilities include:
- Drive our EDA or RISC-V processor innovation activities according to the state of the art technology
- Define processor design and verification methodology using STUDIO
- Design mockups and/or prototypes of the next-generation processors and processor design tools
- Pre-sales activities, cooperation with sales and marketing teams
Core Skills and Competencies Required for the Processor Design Methodology Architect. position:
- Collaboration. You will be working with a wide spectrum of Codasip engineers from R&D experts to Field Application engineers and customers.
- Communication. You must be able to communicate clearly with R&D, product marketing, and our customers.
- Technical credibility. You need to be trusted by fellow engineers and customers to give impartial advice and high-quality results.
- Over 10 years of recent and relevant experience in processor architecture development or processor design tools development
- Good understanding of IP and SoC design and verification flows and of silicon process technology and its limitations
- Experience with a customer-facing activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, thinking outside of the box
- MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
Apply for job
To view the job application please visit codasip.com.